We tasted. You ordered.
Welcome to the Plum’s honour roll of 2018. Featuring the top 20 most ordered dishes in Plum’s history, keep scrolling to see whether your Plum favourite made it to the top of the food chain (literally).
20. XL Chicken Cutlet Noodle from Wong Kee Wanton Noodles
Lovingly handmade egg noodles tossed in a tangy and savoury sauce, paired with a huge juicy Plum-approved chicken cutlet. Shiok!
19. Curry Puff from Rolina Traditional Hainanese Curry Puffs
A 2018 Michelin Bib Gourmand Winner, this humble curry puff looks petite but it is definitely huge on flavour. Packed full with ingredients, it’s no wonder its a crowd pleaser!
18. Vegetarian Bee Hoon Set from Ruyi
This dish is definitely a game changer! Ruyi’s legendary Vegetarian Bee Hoon Set is definitely a delight to our tastebuds and yours too! Fried perfectly and topped with various goodies and mock meat cuts, this is the real deal!
17. Hainanese Curry Chicken Cutlet Set (Halal) from Encik Tan
Hurry hurry get your curry! Encik Tan’s signature curry is sure to satisfy! The dish features crispy chicken cutlet, soft braised cabbage and a whole fried egg slathered in a thick curry.
16. Award-winning Hainanese Chicken Rice from Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice
The most famous Chicken Rice in SG we have Tian Tian’s perfectly Hainanese steamed chicken, slow cooked in their superior stock, over their legendary pandan infused fragrant rice, not to forget the quintessential tangy and spicy chili!
15. Legendary Dark Char Siew Rice from Kay Lee Roast Meat
Featuring the King of all Char Siews, we love how the Char Siew is perfectly roasted with a slightly higher fat to lean meat ratio, melting gloriously in our mouths with every bite!
14. Black Pepper Pork Rice with Onsen Egg from Pepper Bowl
Pure pepper goodness. Loaded with savoury slices of pork in a potent black pepper sauce and caramelised onions, topped off with an onsen egg, it’s no wonder why this has been the talk of Amoy street food center!
13. Original Curry Potato Crispy Curry Puff (1 Piece) from J2 Crispy Curry Puff
These J2 puffs out are love at first bite! Freshly hand-made in stall and fried to golden perfection, these puffs have a crackling fluffy spiral exterior with a generous filling that leaves you wanting more.
12. Traditional Egg Tarts (6 Pieces) from Tong Heng Traditional Chinese Pastries Specialist
Arguably Singapore’s most famous egg tarts, Tong Heng’s signature diamond shape pastry is handmade and layered tp crumbly perfection. Filled with a velvety smooth egg custard filling, one is definitely not enough!
11. Yong Tau Foo Noodle with House Special Gravy from 109 Teochew Yong Tau Foo
Can’t decide between having the dry or the soup version? We got you covered. With an assortment of fresh ingredients served with their signature gravy, this is definitely a crowd favourite.
10. Tau Sar Piah (3pcs Sweet, 3pcs Salted) from Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah
Pastry fads come and go, but Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah has stood strong through the tests of time. This buttery, crispy and flaky bean paste pastries are soooo good. Perfect for sharing with your folks and grandfolks!
9. Claypot Laksa from Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa
We couldn’t keep this claypot laksa from a secret even if we tried. A Michelin Bib Gourmand winner, the thick bee hoon is topped with a smorgasbord of fresh ingredients but the lemak gravy is the key to our heart.
8. Shredded Chicken with Fried Fish Dumpling & Prawn Hor Fun from Ah Liang Ipoh Hor Fun
Ah Liang’s Ipoh Hor Fun isn’t your usual run of the mill hor fun. This rendition is flavour-packed with an insane stock, topped off with fresh prawns, homemade dumplings and shredded chicken, this will satisfy your wok hei cravings!
7. Braised Duck Rice from Liang Zhao Ji
2018 Michelin Bib Gourmand Winner – Their secret recipe braised duck sauce is made out of 12 different herbs and spices which tastes heavenly drizzled over their duck sliced on top of a bed of fluffy rice.
6. Fried Fritters Bee Hoon from China Street Fritters
50 years of the same great taste, since pre WW2! China Street Fritter’s Hokkien style Ngoh Hiangs and Guan Changs have been loved through generations! Their collaborative set with Plum consists of their famous Ngoh Hiangs, Guan Changs, egg slices, fish cakes and fresh cucumber with their special sauces and killer chilli.
5. Spinach Soup with Beehoon and Prawns from Spinach & Soup
Don’t we all miss home cooked food? Feel right at home with this simple yet hearty spinach soup. Heartwarming soupy goodness filled with spinach, minced pork and fresh prawns and well cooked beehoon. We at Plum have your home cooked food cravings covered!
4. 擂茶 (lei cha fan) Thunder Tea Brown Rice from 林大妈擂茶
Thundering flavours engulf your taste buds with Lin Da Ma’s fluorescent green soup, not only eye-catching but extremely healthy! We love how the bowl is filled with crunchy dried shrimps, various ground nuts soaked in a fragrant tea and fluffy brown rice.
3. Steamed Chicken Rice from Ji De Lai Hainanese Chicken Rice
🥉 Ji De Lai Hainanese Chicken Rice is highly raved and reviewed by Channel U Viewers, Yummy King and Wan Bao. They are also featured in The Straits Times for their affordable yet delicious chicken rice. Need we say more?
2. Lor Mee from Famous Amoy Street Lu Mian
🥈 What’s better than a piping hot bowl of heartwarming Lor Mee? Fully loaded with fried fish nuggets, crunchy flour fritters, thick yellow noodles, slathered with their signature thick and savoury gravy. Add a dash of vinegar, garlic and chilli to add an extra kick of flavour!
Famous Chinatown Popiah (2 Pcs) from Chinatown Popiah
🏆 Winner of the Michellin Bib Gourmand 2018 and Winner of Singapore Best Food Awards 2018 – Presenting the mother of all Popiahs, silky smooth Popiah skin loaded with various aromatics and wrapped around fresh ingredients, drizzled in sweet and chilli sauces. Shiok!
Special Mentions: Here are the dishes that aren’t in the top 20 but definitely deserve our thumbs up! 👍🏼
21.Peanut Soup with Glutinous Rice Balls (4pcs) from 75 Peanut Soup
22. Chilli Ban Mee with Egg (Dry) from Lao Ma Zi
23. Award Winning Roasted Hainanese Chicken Rice from Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
24. Salmon Mentaiko Don from Chirashi King Kong
25. Aromatic Braised Duck Noodles from He Ji Braised Duck.